Your 1:1 Business Advisor is invested in the success of your business!
After successfully signing on with a PFSbrands foodservice program, you will work with a Business Advisor (BA) to get your store successfully up and running. After that, your BA will provide support to help you continually grow your foodservice sales and profitability.
Your 1:1 Business Advisor is a dedicated business partner that provides coaching and training on all aspects of your foodservice operation. This includes tools/resources and hands-on support with: hiring, retention and culture; training of products, procedures, equipment, sanitation, and food safety; marketing guidance with annual plans, promotions, local events, and sampling programs; and financial reviews and reports.
OPENING EMPLOYEE TRAINING
During opening week your Business Advisor will be on site to work side-by-side with your location’s employees for up to 3.5 days so that the staff can reliably execute all procedures on their own.
Your BA, often along with our Regional Training Specialists, will teach proper processes and food preparation techniques listed in the Operations Manual. Staff training concentrates on:
- Understanding the menu options and price offerings
- Correct food preparation and cooking procedures
- Operating and maintaining all new equipment
- Safe and sanitary food-handling procedures
- Ensuring the staff can conduct correct opening and closing procedures
- How to treat and interact with customers, so they will want to come back
- What the daily and shift food cooking par levels are to make
- What the weekly food order volumes should be
- What the suggested staffing levels are based on sales they will need in place
ONGOING TRAINING AND GUIDANCE
Your BA will visit your store regularly to work with the owner or deli manager to accomplish the following tasks to keep the program on track:
- Listen to, understand, and observe any program issues
- Provide direction and insight on how to increase program productivity, profits, and growth
- Review menus, price points, and related profit margins
- Conduct ongoing training and schedule re-training sessions as needed
- Discuss national promotions/LTOs and custom promotional campaigns
- Request updates for in-store signage and merchandising for the hot food program
- Complete a Value Report for the customer to keep on file. These are recaps of the visit and items/topics that were covered. They will have actionable information for the you to use to improve your food program results.
Our retail partners consider our Field Operations Team an extension of their own staff as trusted Business Advisors. They are knowledgeable industry leaders whose backgrounds range anywhere from foodservice managers to being small business owners themselves. Their passions include helping further our vision of developing enthusiastic, satisfied customers 100% of the time and they take that seriously.
As a retailer with PFSbrands, your BA will only be a phone call or email away for your questions, concerns, or ideas. They will know you by name and will be invested in the success of your business. The more you share with them, the better job they can do in helping you reach your profitability and growth goals.
If you’re looking to learn more about how to get started or just want to browse, visit https://www.pfsbrands.com to learn more about our foodservice solutions and how we can help you implement a profitable foodservice program for your store.
This blog is part of a series: How PFSbrands' 10 Support Levels Were Built to Help Retailers Succeed. To check out other posts in the series, click here.